Check Out Security Features
You need to make sure you only access safe sites so your personal details stay safe.
You don’t want your personal details to be hacked simply because you’re using platforms without the appropriate privacy and security features. And contrary to common belief getting hacked is still a very prevalent threat no matter what you do online. It’s your responsibility to keep yourself safe from cyber crime and hackers.
Gambling sites in the online casino South Africa market may be a prime target for cyber criminals because important information such as credit card details are often stored. You must ensure you use a viable platform with secure servers. Encryption of data is also a modern method of keeping information safe.
Websites that comply with necessary security features are also usually certified by relevant regulation authorities. All of this information should be found on the platform. If not: that’s a red flag light telling you that it’s not very trustworthy.
If a vendor is worth your time they’ll mention features like encryption on their platform so it’s easy to identify the secure platforms. This is also an important feature we research and we’ll mention it in our reviews. Our reviews are focused on helping and protecting players.
Luckily, it’s easy to identify the less secure sites in the online casino South Africa scene:
- Look at the text. Low quality sites don’t spend time creating professional content that uses the right words, grammar or punctuation. Even the platform’s name is a clue about its validity.
- What’s the name? If the name is very similar to a popular site, chances are they’re scammers. They hope that a player who makes a typing error will land on their site and not realise their mistake. Instead of improving their own reputation they hope to benefit from another site’s fame.
- Can you see security confirmation? Safe sites will usually have padlock icons near the address bars. The bars are also green and you can research whether the site has an SSL certificate.
- Who is the developer? You can also research the developers used to create the platform’s downloadable software. See if a developer’s license is mentioned somewhere. Viable sites will proudly display this information. If they don’t they may have something to hide.
Yes, this requires some effort and research before you join up, but it’s worth it in the long run. You don’t want cyber criminals to obtain your name and credit card info simply because you’re enjoying an online casino South Africa vendors provide you with.
Will They Give You the Support You Need?
Most of your time will be spent on enjoying games, but chances are you may run into some difficulty at some stage. Perhaps you’re not sure how to make a withdrawal or there’s an error with your account. Will the vendor help you find a solution? And will they do it fast? You don’t want to wait for weeks for a payout because the brand doesn’t give you feedback on queries.
How to Identify Good Customer Support
The customer service information should be displayed clearly on the platform. Look for this as soon as you open a new betting platform. Look at the ways you can contact the vendor, which we’ll discuss in detail below.
Also read reviews to find out how other players found the platform’s customer service. This is also an important part we’ll discuss in our reviews so you know what to expect from each one.
It’s a good idea to use the customer support features even before making your first deposit on an online casino South Africa has to offer. A quality vendor will respond quickly.
Customer Service Methods
When you research the different ways you can contact their support team, look for the following:
- Email: This is a handy feature but remember that you’ll never be sure whether anyone reads your request. At least you can keep record of what you send the support desk.
- Phone: It’s helpful to talk to someone in person if you need to explain your situation so a phone number is a practical option. Ideally it should be toll free number as all the quality sites have them. Not everyone likes talking on a phone and this method also doesn’t provide proof that you logged a query. If there is a customers service line, hopefully it’s open 24/7/365.
- Chat: Ideally you want a live chat feature so you can ask a question the moment you have a problem. You can simply type out your request while you’re on the platform and carry on playing. These chat features are supported by humans or bots. Luckily modern AI technology enables the support centre to provide accurate answers to general enquiries. Preferably these chat services must be available 24/7.
Note that some sites for online casino South Africa player have access to only offer 24/7 services to VIP members. If you’re a newbie who may need a lot of support and advice it’s best you pick a site that will help you any time of the day.
Customer Support and Payments
Support also relates to the financial side of your betting. How quickly will the vendor pay out your winnings after you made a withdrawal request?
Educate yourself on their policies such as payout timelines and payment methods before you start using a platform. Make sure your expectations align with their guidelines because you can’t log a complaint if the waiting period is clearly stated in the fine print.
Do the Banking Options Suit You?
We’re all unique and you’ll have certain preferences when it comes to managing your money. Does the online casino platform meet your needs?
When you’re on an online casino South Africa, its infrastructure and modern technology empower you to use various payment methods. This includes:
- Credit card
- Debit card
- Electronic bank transfer
If you feel more comfortable with using one method rather than another, use the platform that facilitates that option.
You should also consider what the platform charges for each type of payment method. You may pay different rates depending on the withdrawal method you pick. By comparing rates, you can determine which sites are most profitable.
An online casino South Africa vendors offer may even have withdrawal limits which means a big win doesn’t mean instant cash in your pocket. You may be subject to one of these rules before you can make a withdrawal:
- Wager a certain amount of money
- You may have withdrawal limits
- Winnings from free spins may not be approved for withdrawals but only available for plays
Are you willing to wait for you money or wager high amounts simply to have access to the cash you earned?
Don’t worry, we’ll give you ample insight into these facts in our detailed reviews of the online casino South Africa market.
When it comes to your money, never assume that the details a platform provides are 100% correct. Make sure the links provided on the platform will navigate to the actual service providers’—such as Paypal or Neteller—websites. Fraudulent vendors may connect you to third parties that look the same but where your personal data is at risk of being hacked.
As you can see it’s vital to stay vigilant in order to keep your plays safe and secure.
Luckily, remember that there are enough options in the online environment today that you don’t have to settle for second best. It’s worth looking for a fair vendor that provides what you need and on our site you’ll find the best ones.
Game Options and Special Features
Now, let’s get to the games an online casino South Africa based should offer. Here you also have the right to be fussy and search until you find quality vendors.
Firstly, it’s wise to search for the platforms that have a wide variety of games on offer. This will ensure you’re never bored: you can switch between slots, live casino portals and table games. If you’re a newbie this is vital in order to gauge what types of online games you prefer.
After you discovered your favourite type, make sure you have enough to pick from. For slots, see I they have themes and cumulative jackpots. For table games, pick sites that offer unique versions such as Texas Hold’em.
But it’s not only about variety; never forget quality. Here are a few features to look out for:
- A sign of high end vendors is when games are specifically designed for a certain platform.
- Compare how high on review lists and search engines’ results pages a certain casino is displayed. When other players are happy with their experiences, reviews will prove it.
- Consider the graphics of the games as this adds to the realism of your betting experience.
- Do a quick search for the latest games on the market. If you find them on the site you’re vetting, it’s a sign that your new vendor moves with the times and will keep you interested for a long time.
As part of vetting a platform’s games you should consider the little extras that really make it worthwhile. When using an online casino South Africa residents should pick the ones that offer welcome bonuses. With free spins you get to know the platform before you need to make a payment and you can practice your strategy. Once you start playing with your own money you’ll get more ROI.
Be careful: special offers are often stated in vague terms to get you interested. But once you look at the fine print you may discover less attractive details:
- Some vendors may not honour jackpots if it’s won with free spins.
- You’ll be required to spend a certain amount before you’re allowed to make a withdrawal.
Make sure you understand the legal aspects of what you’re committing to, so you can manage your money wisely.
Is it User Friendly?
All of these details are important, but there’s one aspect you should never forget: user friendliness. Is it fun using the platform?
You want a safe and interesting platform to use. If it’s difficult to find the games you’re looking for you’ll waste time and feel frustrated while using an online casino South Africa vendors offer you.
It’s easy to test user friendliness the moment you land on a site:
- Is it easy to find the important information we discussed above such as security features or withdrawal terms?
- If it’s not easy to navigate through the pages simply to find your banking options, imagine how complicated it will be once you start switching between games.
- Why are they hiding away the information? Perhaps that’s the first sign of a fraudulent company who doesn’t want you to know the truth.
For a user friendly experience you also need:
- Simple layouts
- Clear menus
- Not too many visual features that distract you from your play
High Payouts: The Ultimate Goal
Start with fun special features but make sure your end goal also satisfies: that’s why a high payout online casino South Africa players use will be so popular.
As mentioned above casinos allow you to make big withdrawals but often you need to spend a lot of money first. Finding a high payout casino where you can wager less is a huge plus.
Also compare payout percentages when picking your online casinos. This percentage is how much players get back when playing slots and it’s worked out with a mathematical equation. The more established and successful the casino is the higher this number will be. They have enough players on their site that they can afford to give a little more—creating an enjoyable player experience—and still make a profit.
Gambling Online in SA: Is it Legal?
Now you know how to identify the best online casino options. But have you considered the unique player environment in South Africa? All countries differ in their laws and requirements, so you need to avail yourself of the SA facts.
The Current Regulations
At the moment the online casino South Africa legal aspect states that not all online betting is acceptable.
Yes, you can legally use registered land based casinos and horse betting is also a legal, popular activity ever since the 1960s. Certain types of betting including sport betting is legalised too. These activities even play a huge role in the country’s economy as casinos attract locals and tourists. A manner of betting SA supports is the lottery as you can purchase tickets online.
But that’s more or less where legal gambling stops. According to 2004’s National Gambling Act online betting is not legalised. This means that if you use money to play a game with the hopes of making cash based on chance or skill, it will be against SA laws. This prevents you from legally taking part in these activities online:
If you do partake in activities related to an online casino South Africa legal guidelines could mean you’ll be prosecuted when you’re caught. Even financial institutions that process transactions for these vendors could find themselves in trouble.
To date there haven’t been many cases opened against individual players as this is an expensive task for the government to take on. But be wise when you decide on what activities to pursue online so you don’t end up with a criminal record just because you wanted to have some fun.
Why So Many Rules?
The strict online gambling South Africa legal guidelines don’t exist without reason. In part they are there to protect the country’s citizens:
- Some players aren’t able to monitor their own spending. Preventing certain types of gambling—especially those that are easily accessible such as online betting—is the authorities’ way of looking after the country. This minimizes the chances of people becoming addicted and going into financial ruin.
- Because online betting is easily accessible, underaged citizens may find it easier to access, compared to visiting land-based casinos. By not legalizing this type of gambling in an online casino South Africa authorities believe there is less chance of young players becoming involved and even addicted.
- The country also tries to limit the ways criminals can launder money in the country. Because online casinos can be accessed anonymously it creates an environment for individuals to launder illegal money via the casino and then obtain the cash as winnings.
Of course, proper legislation and safety features can circumvent these challenges on casino platforms:
- Quality sites are certified.
- The best online casinos verify their players.
- Some platforms provide features to limit your spending and prevent you losing all your savings.
- Gambling sites often provide information on healthy gambling habits to promote responsible playing.
With all these systems in place it’s possible to create environments where everyone can benefit and fraud is kept to a minimum.
Will the Laws Change?
There is a chance that for an online casino South Africa legal guidelines may change in future. There are various entities that have petitioned for adjustments. Some changes took place such as when horse betting laws changed in 1965. More changes may come in future but for the moment players should follow the rules if they don’t want problems with the authorities.
NOX and Gambling in SA
With all this information you can find the best casino South Africa has to offer where you can enjoy the game options that are legal. Also note that we don’t promote illegal gambling. We want to tell you about all the market has to offer so you can make informed decisions when you want to play.